The 3 Waters Team provide technical expertise in the areas of modelling, design and implementation of water and wastewater networks to support land development projects in largely brownfield catchments across the Auckland Housing Programme. We are looking to expand the team with appropriately qualified intermediate and senior engineers/modellers.
The Intermediate/Senior Engineers will have a particular focus on water supply and wastewater modelling and will report to the Discipline Lead for the 3 Waters Team within the Piritahi Alliance.
· Relevant tertiary qualification in civil engineering
· Intermediate level engineers - Circa 3-6 years of experience within the civil engineering industry
· Senior level engineers - Circa 7-12 years of experience within the civil engineering industry
· Good knowledge and application of appropriate software and tools: wastewater modelling software such as Infoworks ICM/ICM SE, DHI MikeUrban (or similar) & water modelling software such as Infoworks WSPro (or similar)
· Good knowledge of GIS applications, such as QGis or Arc
· Ability to lead projects/tasks using the team resources available, with direction from the principal engineers/team leader
· Ability to be flexible, proactive, change focused and challenge the status quo in a constructive way
· Positive approach, self-motivation, willingness to learn
· Experience owning and driving day to day work, as well as conceptualising and developing new initiatives and better ways of doing things
· Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
· Strong understanding of:
Wastewater networks (transmission and local network),hydraulics, dry weather/wet weather issues, pumping stations, storage facilities, ancillary structures and relevant industry Codes of Practice.
Water networks (transmission and local network), hydraulics, fire flows requirements, pressure management, pumping stations, storage/reservoir facilities, ancillary structures and relevant industry Codes of Practice
· Good understanding of construction and network operation methods
· Project management, task definition and delegation skills for own teams inputs to larger projects.
Our head office is based in central Auckland, supporting our active sites in Northcote, Mt Roskill, Oranga, Mangere or Tamaki.
We have a great culture driven by our vision. We offer a fun and dynamic working environment, career development and pathways into various areas relating to the engineering and construction sectors. The companies who make up the alliance are also family-based organisations who value their staff and have a passion for the communities they work in.
Opportunities on projects like this do not come around often! If you are someone who thrives in a complex and dynamic environment, then we want to hear from you.
Be part of NZ’s first land development alliance and apply now!